Wednesday, June 23, 2010

One step at a time; now start over!

Well I thought it only right after Grace's neat little last post to offer a little more honesty into the inner workings of our projects together. To start, the tile that we laid on Saturday happend to be the first thing in our house that we actually worked together hand in hand; well, metophorically speaking! This meant that Grace wanted to try everything that I was doing throughout the process. Mix up a batch of thinset, "Hey I want to try!". Spread thinset, "Ooh that's me!". Lay the tile, "I'm on it!" (which she litterally was!). The funniest moment was when I finished laying all of the tile and spaced it properly (Grace was the official spacer, handler, installer) only to find that Grace had been crawling on the tiles all of the way across so each tile had shifted the moment we moved onto the next tile! Oh well, what's the fun in doing things right the first time anyway!!!

All in all we had a great time, didn't do a whole lot, but still felt very proud of ourselves when we finished. It is only the beginning of an infinite number of things that we have to work on together but I think we're off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment